Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Decadent?!?!

As I was eating my snack of about 1.5 ounces of tri-tip beef the other day someone asked what I had.  Of course I told him what it was.  Yummy, delicious STEAK.  It makes a wonderful afternoon snack, especially after a good morning workout.  A little protein re-stock a few hours later always makes me feel better and keeps me from being hungry.

He told me that was a very decadent snack.  Decadent?  Really?  He asked if steak was my snack, what was I going to have for dinner.  I replied (of course), "I dunno, maybe more steak?  We have some pork loin in the fridge and I roasted some chicken.  Whatever it is, it'll be yummy!"  What more could I say?  I mean yeah some veggies, maybe a dollop, or two, of butter.  But, what else would someone have for dinner?  Cheese cake?

Now, cheesecake is what I think of when i think decadent.  Not steak.  Steak is just good eats!

I wonder if that is why so many people have such a hard time with my lifestyle.  Maybe they just can't wrap their brain around being 'decadent'?


So, a quick Challenge Update.

I still can't do push-ups on the floor.  I think 10 was very aggressive.  I am hoping for 2 'good' push-ups.  I am up to 20 on the stairs though.  That is way better than the 5 I was doing to start.  I KNOW I need to do some upper back and core work to get my push-ups where they need to be.

Mount Washmore?  Getting there, conquering the entire mountain may never happen, but I can mostly see the laundry room floor, huge plus!

I batch cooked this weekend!  Only two meals, but at least I did something.  I need to get some groceries tomorrow to get us set up for the rest of the week, or two.  I found out that the Sam's here has a good deal on frozen berries.  I think I might need them.  I eat a lot of berries, nom, nom, nom.

Let's see, what are my other goals?  Ah, hmmm.  I don't remember.

Weigh-in in the morning.  Hopefully, I can FINALLY see 157....pretty please!

I am totally thinking about getting Insanity.  I want a crazy home exercise program.  I think it would be good because it is something N1S can do too.  He is going to be playing football and probably should start getting in shape now so he doesn't feel left behind when he starts practice.  The other good thing is it doesn't require any extra equipment.

So, just one more week on the challenge.  I already know I didn't do as well as I have previously.  Because of this it is going to be right back to it after this one is over.  I actually considered just ending this one early and starting again, but that really seems like cheating.  So, I am accepting that I might not reach my goals, but it will NOT be a failure.  It will be a learning experience.  Getting back into the swing of things and moving on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment