Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Determining the 10-20%

I had no clue how to do that.  Really, by ratio, by weight, by how much it looks like compared to the rest of my food.  I decided to go straight up with the calories.  So I added the number of calories from all non-primal foods. Today that would be the 9 chocolate covered espresso beans, 2 squares of Ritter-Sport 72% dark chocolate and a 2 tablespoons of half and half.

I then divided that total by the total number of calories I ate.  It came to 9%.  So, I figure it is pretty darn close :)

I realize a lot of people don't like the 20% rule.  And you know what?  I don't give a rats a$$.  This is my life and my choice.  I want to stay primal as long as possible and for me to do that and still enjoy the way I eat, it is going to include chocolate and some dairy products.  That is all there is to it.  I have been told I am not 'paleo' or, 'well that isn't very primal is it?'  You know what?  I still don't care.  I am not really a caveman, we have some things in modern society I refuse to part with.  Chocolate isn't the only one.  I will NOT go back to sand paper toilet paper, or a leaf or some craziness.  I like my Charmin thank you very much.  And Bounty paper towels.  You won't see me doing a lot of things our ancestors did, it just isn't happening.  I like chocolate I eat chocolate.  I'm not paleo, now my feelings are hurt...sniff, sniff.

Seriously, it just isn't that hardcore for me.  I am reaping the benefits of the diet and the happiness my little bit of chocolate gives me.

Am I try to justify my indulgence?  No, I feel no need to justify anything.  I am just letting you know that some one can throw spears at me and say I am not 'paleo' or 'primal' and that is okay.  I am NOT really either of those.  I am me and I choose to stay me as healthy as I can, while still eating chocolate every day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment