Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Challenge II

So, I was really happy with the results of my first primal challenge.  I do good with 'competition' even if it is just with myself.  So, I am doing another one :)

Last time I lost 6.6 pounds of fat.  I am hoping to repeat that loss, or even do better.  Last time I lost 1.4 of lean mass, which could be muscle, water, glycogen or bone.  My guess is water, but you can never be sure.

So on 30 September I will start.  I picked that day because I don't like starting things in the first of the month, yeah I know I am a little silly like that.  I also will have Squadron PT, so I will be at the base gym, there is a good quality scale with a body fat percentage calculator, the BF% has been pretty similar to what I get with measurements.  I like it because it is easier to track, it spits out a paper with all my stats on it :)

I am adding a running portion.  I will do a practice 1.5 mile either Thursday or this weekend.  My goal will be to take 25-45 seconds off my time.  I will work on this goal by doing HIIT and endurance cardio 1-2 times a week using the elliptical.

So I will make easier to achieve goals.  And will work on blogging it at least every other day.

I am not sure what my daily/weekly goals will be but some ideas:
in bed by 11 (so hard for me)
elliptical for 30 minutes 2 times per week
tabata 2 times a week
lift heavy things 2 times per week (full body)
90% primal
track 'cheats'- I have decided tracking everything is too tedious.  I might do a full track one week day and one weekend day.  But, I NEED to keep track of my treats to make sure I am staying in my 90% primal mind set.

My overall goal is to improve my BF% and build muscle :)


I wonder what is a reasonable goal for my biceps measurement if I start at 11 inches? 11.5? 12?


So, who wants to join me?  Even just one person gives me someone to 'compete' with :)

1 comments:

Nutmeg1976 said...

This challenge will also include a before and after picture. I wish I had done one with the first challenge :)

Post a Comment