Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's ABout Personal Responsibility People!

Some lady in California is suing Nutella.  Why?  Because they claim to be a part of a healthy breakfast.  She didn't realize it contained sugar and saturated fat.  So she is suing them because she fed it to her kids.

Really?!?!

Are you kidding me?  Did she not read the label.  Does she not pay attention to the healthy information available all over the internet, sent home from schools and on T.V. shows?  Seriously!  If she went to school anytime during the last 30 years she had a nutrition/health class of some sort.  They told me when I was 8 years old in 1984 that things high in sugar were not good for you.  This led me to decide, at a mere 8 years old that sugary cereal was not a good choice for breakfast.

I just asked my 11 year old son if he thought Nutella was good for him.  His response?  "No."  With a head shake.  He then said it could be PART of a healthy breakfast if you "ate one, or half".  So, my 11 year old son gets it.  He understands that in moderation it can be healthy.  Of course I had to prompt him on what you could eat it with since we are talking healthy here.  He said 'bacon and eggs', then said well maybe 'waffles, or toast', knowing full well WE don't consider them healthy, but according to our government it is a whole grain world and they sure are healthy.

I wonder if that is part of the reason the government doesn't want to change their guidelines.  Admitting whole grains are not that healthy would  result in a class action lawsuit.

The government made me fat because they told me to eat insulin spiking carbohydrates and leaky gut causing grains!

Oh, wait.  Maybe I should sue Nutella for telling m that their product will help me get my kids to eat more whole grains.  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just found your blog - and will be following! AMEN girl! Unfortunately, this is modern-American: everyone is responsible for me, except for me. :)

Nutmeg1976 said...

Ain't that the truth!

Post a Comment