Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 3

So, I have been busy with a class this week.  Unfortunately, because of the class I missed two of my fitness sessions with my squadron.  That leaves me just Friday afternoon, but I think we are having a commanders call or something.  I guess missing out on my longer workouts might mean the silly dietitian wins for this week.  I mean I can't possible stop myself from losing muscle if I am not in the gym pumping iron and running my butt off 5 times a week, can I?

So, I did do some push ups an dips today in the lounge at the building where I am taking the class.  Nice, huh?  I was waiting for the micro to heat up my chicken a tad.  Maybe tomorrow I will do some squats instead :)

I have managed to stay below 130 carbs each day so far this week.  I was super lazy about logging it yesterday, I only bothered with the carby foods, veggies, fruits, etc.  I had about 60 yesterday.

I got my new running shoes!  I sure wish I was going to the gym tomorrow to test them out!  Maybe if the hubby doesn't have to work late I can squeeze in a gym session after class.

Oh, I found an *almost primal 'make do' for sushi!  I love sushi, it has got to be just about one of my favorite foods of all time.  Of course, sushi rolls come with rice, which on occasion is okay but on a regular basis needs to be avoided.  I took some cucumber (perfectly primal) and marinated it in miso and sushi vinegar (not so primal).  Then I wrapped it up in the nori, just like sushi.  Let me tell you, it was exactly the same, but it makes a good substitute for eating more frequently.  I am not totally anti-miso because it is a fermented soy product, which we know is not as bad for us as straight up soy.  It isn't a darn veggie burger or tofurkey or anything nasty like that.

I have to take a moment to brag.  N1S got fourth place in the science fair!  That is a huge accomplishment for him and I am so proud!

I guess that is all for now.  I have been tracking my goals and such in my notebook and will update later.  I haven't made it to the gym to test body fat percentage or anything, but I did do it last week, so I may just go with that for my starting weight and percentage of body fat.  Same with the measurements, use the ones from the end of the last challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment