Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Disaster Averted!

Sometimes patients will bring us treats to thank us for a job well done.  Even though I talk to most people about how I eat and why (it comes up, I don't force it on others), they seem to just not quite get it that I don't eat wheat.  So, these yummy
looking baked goods came into the clinic today:


I *think* they were brownies or chocolate cake.  I can't say for sure because I didn't even open the package.  Some people would say, just eat the food.  But, I didn't WANT to eat the food.  I know it would make me feel like crap physically, and who wants that?  I had some cottage cheese with blueberries and some dark chocolate instead.  No regrets :D

So,maybe they don't look as yummy to you, but I really enjoy berries with various forms of creamy yumminess!  And now I can enjoy my hot cocoa (heavy cream, coconut milk, maple syrup and cocoa powder) and relish the fact that I didn't let the cake/brownie control me.  Does this mean I will never, ever eat another brownie?  Hell no!  I love me some brownies.  It just means that today was not the day for them.  Those brownies were not the ones that needed me to eat them.  When I come across the brownies that speak to my soul...well, those brownies I WILL eat and I'll enjoy every last bite.  No regrets.

Day two...good to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment