Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wow, it has been forever!

I am so sorry I have neglected this blog!  It really is a terrible thing to do.  If I don't take care of it, well then no one will read it!

So a quick update is in order.

Life has been interesting.  The sun shines...all....day....long!  Now, I know technically the sun shines all day almost every where at least most of the time.  Of course when there is rain, it isn't shining.  But, that is NOT what I am meaning.  When the sun is 'up' for 23 hours, you have no night!  I miss the stars, seriously I miss them.  While we don't have a full 24 hours of daylight, it is pretty darn close and even though the sun 'sets' the light is always there.  22 hours of full sun and 2 hours of twilight.  Interesting indeed.  Although, I have to say sleeping is not as difficult as I thought it would be.

The kids are out of school.  Which means my nerves are SHOT!  Dealing with the shenanigans of my 12 and 8 year old sons.  FUn and crazy at the same time.  The 8 year old has been banned from the microwave after setting some chicken on fire.

Food.  Yeah, how has that been going? Well, honestly not great.  I had a few 'treats' during Easter and it was bad for a while afterwards.  The last week or so I have put on my big girl pants and put my foot down with myself.  Time to get real.  I am lucky I didn't gain a lot of weight.  Actually I am 153 pounds as of this morning, so my lowest weight yet.  I'll take it.

I had been eating some grains again, and that has been nixed.  Sunday was my last indulgence, no more!

I need to get on here and report back, it will help me keep it real.

I was a member of SparkPeople for many years, technically I still am, but recently I have not felt the SP love.  They are over bearing and quite frankly WRONG.  I was tired of subjecting myself to their tyranny.  I will occasionally go back and read my SparkMail, but other than that I have stayed away.  They banned one of my friends, and I think that was the last straw.  That and the really pushy, and often flat out rude/disrespectful staff was enough to make me say, 'no more.'

I have NOT been posting on most of my other support forums either.  I am trying to ease back in because I feel like it is a vicious cycle.  Eat bad, don't post.  No support (reading posts by others, etc.)/feel justified to eat bad.  Not good logic, but seems to be true for me.

I really want to get back to food blogging.  Of course that means I have to get back to cooking, hopefully I will feel up to it soon.


Sort of off topic, but my daughters have an unnatural love of mayonnaise, it is really kind of gross!

2 comments:

Exceptionally Brash said...

I'm so glad that you started blogging again. Thanks for visiting my blog! I am pretty much done with SP, too. Although I haven't gotten kicked out yet, I am now subject to a completely different set of rules than others. If I am going to watch anything carefully, I would rather it be my food intake, not my posts.

Nutmeg1976 said...

I totally agree!

Post a Comment