Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Woot! Woot!

Woot, woot!!!

Doing great. I ran today, did I mention I hate running? Yeah, I do, but since it is a condition of my employment, I do it. We did about 2.2 miles today. I started walking for a bit because my knee was feeling puffy, hate that. It is better now, but I need to take my meds. After Thursday when I take my fitness test I will be able to go to the doc and get a waiver from running for a while.

I also got my strength training in  I was putting it off, but that won't help me reach my goals. I did arms and core today. Tomorrow will be legs and that will get me my two strength workouts for the week. I really can't count the stuff I do at squadron PT because it is always the same stuff and I don't feel like I am making any gains with that. Sunday I will head to the gym and run on the indoor track just to see where I am. I need to be able to run the 1.5 in under 15 minutes. I need to be able to do 32+ crunches in one minute. I think I can do it, but those stupid tests make me so nervous.

So, I was a little 'bad' with my eating. I had some fried mozzarella sticks for lunch, they were so good and worth it. They also had the first grains I have had all week. I guess it isn't horrible. I think I still ended up with under 20% of my intake being non-primal stuff. I always have trouble with deciding if I consider cheese to be a 20% or not. Eh, either way, my 'treats' today were; 1 tsp honey powder, 2 slices provolone cheese, 3.5 mozzarella sticks and 1 square of dark chocolate (serving size 6 squares), about 2 tsp mayo.

Food:
2 eggs, sausage patty
mozzarella sticks, sweet potato fries, 1/4 cheese burger (no bun), lettuce
cheese steak with provolone, beef, onions and peppers
4 tablespoons coconut milk in my tea
8 almonds

Hmmm, I really didn't eat that much today. Guess I didn't need it. 

Looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully it isn't too rainy.


P is really enjoying swim team.  They don't compete, but they are learning a lot, so it is a good no pressure environment.  I used his practice time to run to the commissary and to do my strength training.  I am hoping I can get David to use the gym while he takes P to practice on occasion :)


P has a trip with the Scouts tomorrow, and if he gets home in time we are going to go and practice swimming.  Since I want to do a triathlon it makes sense for me to start getting in the pool too.  P actually said he wants to try one too, but it will take a while to get him where he can run far enough.


M wanted to do basketball, but it looks like practice will be at the same time as Cub Scouts, so he might have to pick a different winter sport.


How did this happen?  How did we go from parents that had run of the mill kids to kids that are so involved?  Have we lost our minds?!?!?!  Or are we just worried that the winter will be so cold and long we need them to have something other than T.V. and video games?

0 comments:

Post a Comment